The project aims to recover and celebrate the European musical heritage by training new generations of musicians and supporting them to reach the professional concert scene in Europe. The project combines the pedagogical work of professional experts, members of Le Concert des Nations (orchestra), and La Capella Reial de Catalunya (choir) with the learning experience of young emerging musicians through professional academies that take place face to face and online. Also, as part of the practical learning, these academies offer the opportunity to perform with the ensembles conducted by Jordi Savall around different European cities.
- Emerging talent: engaging vocal musicians under 35 years old and instrumental musicians under 39 years old, who are at the beginning of their professional careers.
- Work opportunities: supporting musicians on the development of their professional careers through access to prestigious music halls, auditoriums and festivals in Europe and around the world.
- Access to arts and culture: making ancient music accessible to different audiences, communities and territories.
- Gender balance: organising artistic programmes where orchestra and choir are formed by 50% women and 50% men.
- Cultural diversity: engaging musicians from 20 different countries.
- Social inclusion: working with musicians from diverse social backgrounds and walks of life.
The tours that follow the YOCPA academies give the musicians the opportunity to travel around Europe and perform at important music halls, auditoriums and festivals such as:
- Gran Teatre del Liceu de Barcelona
- L’Auditori de Barcelona
- L’Auditori de Girona
- Auditori Enric Granados de Lleida
- Festival Jordi Savall de Santes Creus
- Philarmonie De Paris
- Auditorium Maurice Ravel Lyon
- Auditorium De La Cour Du Château Louis Xi – La Côte Saint-André
- Auditorium Opéra De Dijon
- Fontfroide Music Festival
- Elbphilarmonie Hamburg
- Stiftung Frauenkirche Dresden
- Alte Oper Frankfurt – Große Saal
- Musikfest Bremen – Die Glocke
- Kollegienkirche (Salzburg University)
- Salzburg Music Festival
- Graz Music Festival
- Teatro Filarmónico di Verona
- Auditorium Giovanni Agnelli Torino
- Megaron, Athens Concert Hall
This project has the support of the European Union.
The support of the Ministère de la Culture – Drac Occitanie.
And it receives the patronage of Mme. Aline Foriel-Destezet.